Cancer in the workplace
With more than 8,000 people diagnosed with cancer every year across our region, there are few employers who are not affected by cancer in the workplace in some way.
How can Big C help your organisation?
Organisations have a vital role to play in providing a caring and supportive work environment to improve the wellbeing of those individuals affected. The normality of everyday life is vital and the workplace is a big part of this for many. Big C offers support to local businesses, providing support and education opportunities.
Understanding how cancer may impact on staff and colleagues in your workplace can help you to provide them with the right support at work. For your teams, going through cancer with a colleague is something that will affect their wellbeing and a supportive work environment will make all the difference. We can help your organisation achieve this.
Ensuring your team’s wellbeing
We can support you to ensure the wellbeing of your team in a variety of ways including:
- Talking to teams and colleagues on cancer specific subjects, e.g. symptom awareness and the different types of cancer
- Supporting your HR team on topics such as the emotional and physical effects of cancer, employees returning to work and, the effect on the wider team and more
- Providing support and information in helping people deal with managing end of life care
- Offering 1:1 support for someone affected by cancer either at a Big C Centre or at work
- Hosting education days with our Health and Education team, to help your employees learn more about cancer
Contact us to find out how we can help support your workplace.
0800 092 7640
At our centres across the region, we offer support to anyone affected by cancer.
We are a local, people-first charity providing outstanding cancer support.
We fund vital, world-class research to help prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
Let’s keep in touch
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive news and updates from Big C.